I’ve previously shared ways I incorporated my love of theme parks into my wedding here and here. From Elsa bridal hair to Jurassic Park prelude music, I looked for every opportunity to express my passion without being tacky.
As I approach our first anniversary, I decided to provide a few more tips.
All photos by Porfirio Solorzano.
Disney Decor The wedding cake table was dedicated to all things Disney. Pictures of my husband and I celebrating our love for Disney, as well as a Minnie and Mickey cake topper, were a hit. My favorite piece has to be the light up Lumiere that I found a few weeks before the wedding on my Disney bachelorette trip.
Magical Father-Daughter Dance
My dad and I are extremely close, so I knew our father-daughter dance had to have the perfect song. We talked for months about different possibilities. We finally decided on “You’ll Be in My Heart” from Disney’s Tarzan. Some other Disney-inspired father-daughter possibilities:
- “When You Wish Upon a Star” from Pinocchio
- “You’ve Got a Friend in Me” from Toy Story
- “I Wouldn’t Have Nothin’ If I Didn’t Have You” from Monster’s Inc. (We almost picked this one)
- “Rainbow Connection” from The Muppets
- “Eye to Eye” from A Goofy Movie, aka the most underrated Disney film of all time